What Happened 1,000 years ago between the Years of 1015 and 1030?
What were the thoughts, fears, hopes, and dreams of the common people at this time? What if we had a daily record of the people from all over the world between 1015 and 1030? Wouldn't this give us insight into their reality? What will the people of from the year 3005-3020 say about the people of they year 2015-2030? What if they had a daily record called "TheBookofLove.one" that described the kind of reality they were facing on a daily basis?
While the term dark ages is no longer widely used, it may best be described as Early Middle Ages -- the period following the decline of Rome in the Western World. The Middle Ages is loosely considered to extend from 400 to 1000 AD.
1000 years ago is about between 10th century and 11th century
10th century: In 919, the first use of gunpowder in battle occurred with the Chinese Battle of Langshan Jiang (Wolf Mountain River), where the Wuyuenaval fleet under Qian Yuanguan defeated theWu fleet. Qian had used flamethrowers ignited by gunpowder fuses to burn the Wu fleet.
11th century: 1024 – The world's first paper-printed money can be traced back to the year 1024, inSichuan province of Song dynasty China. The Chinese government would step in and overtake this trend, issuing the central government's official banknote in the 1120s
From Yahoo Answers:
"1000 years ago was a time known as the dark ages. We went backward in terms of knowledge. about 90 percent of the people were peasants or very poor. The other 10 percent lived on their back breaking labor. There was no middle class."
"If you were a man who lived past age 5, then life expectancy was higher. However, huge numbers of children died before age 5, and huge numbers of women died in childbirth, so on average, 25-30 was the expectancy."
"A great deal would have depended on where you lived. In Europe, that was smack in the middle of what we now call the Dark Ages.
The Roman Empire had disintegrated, and Europe was under "feudalism". Individual warlords and kings and such ran their own respective territories, and peasants were little more than property.
War was pretty much constant as one warlord feuded with others.
There wasn't much in the way of civilization and life tended to be brutal and short.
Contrast this with life in what's now the Islamic World. Back then, the Islamic world was the owner of the legacy of the Greeks and Romans, and had a high degree of science, mathematics, and technology.
In the far East; in China and Japan, things were also considerably more civilized as well but they too were racked with constant wars and invasions and all that.
Life in the Americas varied wildly too. The North American Indians had a primitive but well developed culture based on tribes. They had a fair bit of warfare but also a fairly civil society.
In South America, the Aztek empire rivaled anything in Europe....But also indulged in a great deal of internecine warfare."
The Abacus was brought to Europe in 1000.